Thursday, August 2, 2012

 Aside from some very fun fishing, hunting was also fun. I first had to go through hunters safety, which included a two inch thick booklet and countless online videos over the course of two months. Every night I would crack open my book and read for a hour. I spent a portion of my waking hours studying and taking notes. I finally felt prepared for my test. I went to a small farm where many kids my age had already gathered for the first portion of the test. The first portion included me shooting a shot gun for the first time in my life. I really felt nervous and shook as I sighted down the barrel and hit the clay pigeon with my fist shot. I gained more confidence and hit the one after that and just brushed the third. The first test was done, three more to go. The next trail was again easy, I was great shooting the .22 but came a little too close to losing my hand after making a slight mistake in the muzzleloader test, but again I passed.
 I don't need to talk about the bow target area, from 35 yards I got all my arrows in a nice group. Then it all came down to the written test. All those hours of studying now came play. It was a long one about 150 to 200 questions. I turned it in after a good hour and waited for the score. The rest is history, I aced the exam and it my hunting license later that afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment